Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
This is a non-invasive, clean and minimal discomfort for the treatment of Hair Removal and Permanent Hair Reduction. Suitable for all hair and skin types, any body area and sizes. Up to 90% permanent hair removal after completion of series.
|Chest & Back||$400|
Benefits of IPL Laser Hair Removal
IPL hair removal technique will grant immediate results. Unlike with waxing and threading, you won’t leave the treatment session with completely smooth, hair-free skin. The hairs will instead drop out as they die over the next few weeks and those which have not been affected due to the stage of the growth cycle they were in for the first treatment will require another session (or more). You will be able to shave in between sessions though, as you don’t need to have any grow-out times.
However, the benefit of IPL hair removal over waxing and threading is that over time you will achieve permanent reduction of hair growth. Hairs that do grow will do so slower, so you won’t need to shave as often. They will also likely grow back thinner and less course. They may even grow paler, so they are less obvious.
Most people find they can achieve permanent hair loss from treated areas after between 1 and 10 treatments, with an average of 6 sessions for adequate results. Anyhow, you may need to occasionally have a top-up treatment every few months or yearly, but you are likely to notice a huge difference in the reduction of hair growth.
Before IPL Laser Treatment
- Discontinue Accutane 6 months prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retinoic Acid products one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure or the use of tanning beds and self tanners for at least four weeks prior and/or between IPL treatments.
- Report all skin diseases, viruses, infections, cold sores, eczema or allergies.
- Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, retinoic acid, benzoyl peroxide or any other skin irritants one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid microdermabrasions or peels for one week prior to treatment.
- If the skin is red, irritated or sunburned, the IPL treatment must be rescheduled.
- Report all medication taken within the week of the treatment.
- Avoid depilating for at least 6 weeks prior to your first treatment. Do not depilate with waxing, sugaring, plucking or treading before and/or between IPL treatments. Shaving is permitted.
- If possible, shave the treatment area 2 days before IPL session.
- Discontinue using bleaching creams for 2 weeks prior to treatment and perfumed products (eg. Aromatherapy oils) for 48 hours before treatment.
- Do not use sun blocking creams within 24 hours of scheduled treatments.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before an IPL session.
After IPL Later Treatment
- After treatment, a mild sunburn sensation may be experienced. A “cold pack” may be placed over the area to reduce swelling for the first 2-3 days. Discomfort is usually minimal but Tylenol can be taken for pain and swelling if required.
- Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds or self tanners for at least 2 weeks after a treatment. Apply sun Protective Cream of SPF 30+ 15 minutes prior to sun exposure and 15 minutes afterwards. Keep reapplying as needed throughout the day. Consider using protective cotton gloves for driving, a hat to protect facial areas.
- If there are scabs or blisters, make-up should not be used for 3-4 days.
- Avoid touching, rubbing, peeling or picking of the skin as this may cause hyperpigmentation or scarring.
- Gently apply pure aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment to the treated area twice daily until healed and dry.
- A “cold pack” may be placed over the area to reduce swelling for the first 2-3 days. Discomfort is usually minimal but Tylenol can be taken for pain and swelling if required.
- For 1 week, avoid hot baths, showers, hot tubs and saunas. When showering and washing, gently pat dry and do not rub. Avoid using any harsh topical creams.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours following clinical treatment.
HOT AND HUMID WEATHER CONDITIONS CAN AGGRAVATE SKIN IN THE PERIOD IMMEDIATELY BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT.